Tragedy at Midnight

It is 12:20 at night. Upstairs people are serving themselves pancakes, taking a break from studying for finals. Further upstairs, a girl lost a part of herself tonight. Her brother died.

I do not know her well, but I do know her. She is a nice girl. She is pretty and has a great sense of humor. She has a lot of friends. However; tonight, she probably feels like she has nothing at all. Yet, I suppose I should not presume to know how she feels.

I know how I feel though. My heart feels heavy. I would cry if I could, but the tears never come. My eyes have moistened up several times, but I have never cried. I wish I could. To lose someone so close... my heart reaches out to her. Right now, only my heart does so. What does one say to someone who has lost somthing so valuable? Words seem empty, and letters mundane. A cold hug from a stranger is the last thing someone needs. So I sit here in my room, trying to shed some tears... for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs