Random blurbs
-Dick Cheney accidentally shot his hunting buddy. If he had killed him, he would have been charged with manslaughter. The vice president would have gone to prison for manslaughter. To me, that is hilarious in a strange kinda way.
--I think I may be getting the flu. It is going around. I started feeling poorly this weekend. Saturday morning my throat was scratchy, but I fought it for sake of my acappella performance (ps, I know it is spelled a cappella but it is easier to write it all together, sue me). But when I woke up sunday... I felt terrible. I stayed inside and took it easy in hopes that some rest would take care of it. Alas, this morning I felt terrible, and after running errands and going to lectures all day, I feel even worse. But really, who wants to read "A Diary of Ryan's Health?" No one, I imagine.
So lets move on.
---Today, whilst sitting in a coffee shop studying with Miriam (one of the girls in my program, and one of the people who lives in my house). We randomly began discussing the Illiad and the characters surrounding the ancient account of the siege of Troy. We decided that we liked the Trojans better, even if they were the ones that started everything. Hector is the coolest, even if his bother Paris is a little whiny girl. Achilles, who everyone seems to like, we decided, is also a whiner. Plus he is playing an unfair game seeing that he is the son of a god.
That, obviously, led to a discussion of demi-gods (the following conversation is not a verbatim transcript, rather it is an interpretative version made to give the general "gist"):
Miriam: I'm glad we don't have the sons of gods walking around, it just wouldnt be fair for the rest of us.
Me: Yeah, thats true. Unless you were also one of them, then it would be sweet.
Miriam: Except that they always seem to have it rough in the myths.
Me: Hmm.. thats true. I guess it would all depend on whose bastard child you were... Zeus always had good ones, like Hercules, but wait he had a round time too. Maybe Zeus isnt a good idea... then you always have Hera on your back. What about Aphrodite? She took care of her own right?
Miriam: You really want to be Cupid?
Me: touché
Miriam: I think Athena would be a good one. All the other gods seemed to like her OK, especially Zeus.
Me: Yeah, I guess the key is to find an unmarried god no one has anything against so that they dont take it out on you.... like, Mercury! Oh yeah, mercury is perfect. He isnt super powerful, so he isnt a threat, but he still has sweet powers like flying around and stuff. Plus, he is the messenger of the gods, and you never shoot the messenger.
Miriam: *stares blankly at me*
Me: I think this is blogworthy
Miriam: I think you may be right.
--I think I may be getting the flu. It is going around. I started feeling poorly this weekend. Saturday morning my throat was scratchy, but I fought it for sake of my acappella performance (ps, I know it is spelled a cappella but it is easier to write it all together, sue me). But when I woke up sunday... I felt terrible. I stayed inside and took it easy in hopes that some rest would take care of it. Alas, this morning I felt terrible, and after running errands and going to lectures all day, I feel even worse. But really, who wants to read "A Diary of Ryan's Health?" No one, I imagine.
So lets move on.
---Today, whilst sitting in a coffee shop studying with Miriam (one of the girls in my program, and one of the people who lives in my house). We randomly began discussing the Illiad and the characters surrounding the ancient account of the siege of Troy. We decided that we liked the Trojans better, even if they were the ones that started everything. Hector is the coolest, even if his bother Paris is a little whiny girl. Achilles, who everyone seems to like, we decided, is also a whiner. Plus he is playing an unfair game seeing that he is the son of a god.
That, obviously, led to a discussion of demi-gods (the following conversation is not a verbatim transcript, rather it is an interpretative version made to give the general "gist"):
Miriam: I'm glad we don't have the sons of gods walking around, it just wouldnt be fair for the rest of us.
Me: Yeah, thats true. Unless you were also one of them, then it would be sweet.
Miriam: Except that they always seem to have it rough in the myths.
Me: Hmm.. thats true. I guess it would all depend on whose bastard child you were... Zeus always had good ones, like Hercules, but wait he had a round time too. Maybe Zeus isnt a good idea... then you always have Hera on your back. What about Aphrodite? She took care of her own right?
Miriam: You really want to be Cupid?
Me: touché
Miriam: I think Athena would be a good one. All the other gods seemed to like her OK, especially Zeus.
Me: Yeah, I guess the key is to find an unmarried god no one has anything against so that they dont take it out on you.... like, Mercury! Oh yeah, mercury is perfect. He isnt super powerful, so he isnt a threat, but he still has sweet powers like flying around and stuff. Plus, he is the messenger of the gods, and you never shoot the messenger.
Miriam: *stares blankly at me*
Me: I think this is blogworthy
Miriam: I think you may be right.
Comments