Another day, another experience under the Belt

Well, Another day has come and gone and I did something that I had never done before. A week ago, I recieved an email asking students if they would be interested in lending the Art department a hand. The letter followed in saying that they were looking for models for their drawing class. The models would be paid by the hour. I had never done anything like that, and the times that they were asking for people fit right into my schedule. I replied to the email, and said that I would do it.

This morning, I showed up at the class and spoke to the instructor. She thanked me for coming and we waited until all the students were there. Then she closed the blinds and I took my clothes off. The air was warm and it was kind of embarrassing at first. None of the other students seemed to think anything of it though. I had to remind myself that these were art students and that they saw bare bodies everyday. I struck a pose and they began to draw. Actually, I was wearing clothes, but I bet that I had you going for a moment huh? Yeah, I did do the modeling, but I was fully clothed. Even so, it was an interesting experience. Everyone is looking at you, and then over at their easels and then back at you. I had to stay put in one pose for quite a while and I would start to get a little stiff. The instructor first had me do 1 minute poses, for quick sketches; and then longer poses. The longest one I held was for 20 minutes. I go back again next thursday. I dont think they need me after that. It was an odd experience, but an intersting one none the less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs