Friday

Well, another weekend is almost over. It has been a good one so far. It has been restful and refreshing. I have done things that have been original and new, spent time with friends, heard music and watched movies.

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful. It was sunny out. The skies were blue. It was finally warm enough to not have to wear a coat. After my last class, I went to the beach with some friends. We stayed there until it started to get dark (which is only until about 7). There I did something that I had never done before, I smoked a Hookah. For those of you who don't know what a hookah is, it is a middle eastern water pipe. Think of the caterpillar in "Alice in Wonderland" and you will know what I am talking about. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, the Hookah pulls the smoke through water, filtering out nastiness and cooling the smoke. Also, Hookah tobacco is wet, from being soaked in molasses and fruit juices. So a coal is placed over the tobacco, slowly burning away the sugary substance. Once the tobacco starts to burn, it is time to put some fresh stuff in. I hate cigarettes and cigars, but Hookah smoke actually tastes good. Oh, and don't worry, it contains no Tar and very low nicotine levels. It will be fun to do every now and then.



After the smoke, I came back to Gordon for Allison's recital. She sang songs in Spanish, which I tried to help her with a couple of weeks back. She did very well. After the recital, we went over to Rachel's room (as it was her birthday), ate pizza and watched "Better Off Dead," which I had rented. Darn it! They didn't even like it that much. Some of the girls that I didn't know did though, which means extra points for them. Whatever, it is friggin funny. After we watched it, I went to bed (at midnight.. On a Friday night!! Whoa I am getting old!!).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs