Maine: The way life should be.

Today, I got up around 10, and tidied my room up a bit. Then I played around on the computer. Then I did my taxes. This morning has definitely been one of those "I need to be alone" times. After that I went over to Lane (the cafeteria) and got a couple of hot dogs with fries for a late lunch. Then I came back to my room for a mid Saturday movie (funny, in Spain that is THE time to watch movies... They always put them on at that time). I borrowed a ridiculous, corny, yet entertainingly light movie entitled "the league of extraordinary gentlemen." Yes extremely corny, and makes a mockery of any fun 19th century book known to man... Including poor Dorian gray and Capitan nemo... Whatever, it was still nice for a light afternoon flick. Following the movie I went to yet another Recital, given by Robin, and she also did very well.



After the recital, I was standing around, and Renee was there. She said that she felt like doing something spontaneous... Like driving to Maine or something. Alas, she said it was not to be tonight. "Maybe I'll do it in two weekends" she said. I then proceeded to explain to her that you cannot plan spontaneity... cause then it is not spontaneous. "If you want to do it, you have to do it now" I said. It was about 9 PM at that point, and she said "OK, fine. Lets do it." So after an epic search for her car keys, we headed north, with a ghetto boom box on my lap blasting music (her stereo was broken). We drove for several hours, and found Maine, who's motto I stole for the title of this post. We decided that we had to go to the beach....because, geez, it was Maine. We found what we thought was a beach, but was actually a wharf of some sorts. We parked beside a car, not noticing the steamy windows.... yeah, after a second a couple of people got nervous appeared in the driver seat and left. We got out of the car, laughing at the people we had caught trying to "get it on," and walked down to the water... only to realize that in the dark we had walked into some sort of estuary marshland...

We left, once more, in search of a proper beach. We finally found one. We parked our car and walked onto the beach. From the beach we noticed the car that had been parked next to ours leave... it seems that we had caught some more people trying to have a little "premarital." They got nervous with our presence and also left I guess. The beach was nice though, and we walked around for a while. Then we drove back to Gordon, getting back around 1:30 AM.



A weekend of spontaneity, new experiences, and overall refreshment. Ahhh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs