Once again captivated by Yorkshire

Once again, it seems that the rustic lands of Yorkshire have something to captivate my imagination and soften my spirits. In High School I was captivated by the books of James Herriot. I read all the books by the yorkshire vet, and loved imagining the places and people of those harsh farmlands.

Now, Kate Rusby, another Yorkshire native, has captivated me as well. I recomend that you check her music out. She sings music in the style of old english folk songs. She has a lovely voice and an easy going, folk, old english sound. It reminds me of celtic music in many regards. Her voice is reminiscent of that of a young Art Garfunkel. It is very smooth and soaring, like a troubador of old. Anyhow, if you like that sort of thing, check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs