Mindless destruction

Today is has been a strange day. I woke up, and found out that tragedy had hit my home. In Madrid, 10 bombs went off in trains around the city. 1400 people were injured, and 200 died. I was really nervous about my friends and family, but everyone I know is OK. I know people that have lost friends though. As the day progressed I felt more and more shaken up. I saw pictures of trains blown apart and train stations and pictures of the city and the people. Those were my people, I rode on those trains, I walked down those streets and waited in those stations. The victims were just like me.

I have been much more affected by this tragedy than by september 11. I was horrified at the death and destruction then, but this is much more close to home. The trains were traveling during rush hour. People were going off to work; kids were going to school. I feel such sorrow for my city. 200 spaniards killed for some stupid reason.

Please go to this page to see the pictures of this tragedy. Click on the pictures to advance to the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs